Important Update on the COVID-19 Pandemic
The rapidly unfolding events of the COVID-19 Virus have forced us to take definitive actions on our services. To minimize the impact of the COVID-19 virus and to comply with the federal, state, and local authorities we are instituting safety protocols for our community, guests, residents, and staff.
At this time, we have implemented the following Continuity of Operations Plan until further notice:
- Nightly Chapel Service and the Dining Room are reopened as of July 6th.
- Chapel and Dinner starts at 7:30 pm.
- Men’s Clothing Room and Showers are in service Monday – Thursday, 9 am – 11 am; 1 pm – 2:45 pm, Friday – Saturday, 9 am – 11 am. Closed Sundays and Holidays.
- Our Men’s Shelter is closed to new guests. We are in the process of remodeling. Please see our UGM Renovation Project site here.
- The Men’s Rehabilitation Program is now accepting new candidates with the following requirements:
- Women’s Clothing Closet reopened on July 8th! The gate opens at 9:00 am, closes at 9:30. Over at 12:00 pm. Every Thursday.
- We will continue to give out Food Boxes to Families and Seniors on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Go here for details: https://ugmsac.com/food-box-program/
- Our Mailroom is open during its regular hours.
- For a detailed list of our services, please click here.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Please pray. Pray for peace. Pray for the Holy Spirit to reveal Himself in clear and tangible ways throughout our ministry. Let our residents witness the beauty of Christ’s body coming together. Pray that the virus would not enter our facilities. Pray for increased patience and comfort as our residents are confined to our premises and miss their families. Pray that all those in need to find alternative avenues to stay healthy and safe as we find resolutions to this crisis. Pray that the government will continue to implement good strategies that work, and soon.
Our shelters will certainly be adversely affected by the virus – the reduction of volunteers, increased food costs, and the addition of precautionary measures. If you feel called to give a little extra, we would be grateful.
For continued information from Sacramento County: https://www.saccounty.net