Important Update on the COVID-19 Pandemic
The rapidly unfolding events of the COVID-19 Virus has forced us to take definitive actions on our services. In order to minimize the impact of the COVID-19 virus and to comply with the federal, state and local authorities we are instituting safety protocols for our community, guests, residents, and staff.
At this time, we have implemented the following Continuity of Operations Plan until further notice:
- Nightly Chapel Service and the Dining Room is closed.
- Brown bag dinners will be distributed between 7:30 pm and 8:00 pm.
- Our Men’s Shelter is closed to new guests and will be closed to all on Saturday, March 21. This is to facilitate the proper social distancing for our Men’s Rehabilitation Program residents.
- Our Men’s Rehabilitation Program is not accepting any new candidates.
- Men’s Clothing Room and Showers are still in service.
- Women’s Clothing Closet is closed.
- We will continue to give out Food Boxes to Families and Seniors. This includes sign-ups for our Easter Food Boxes.
- Our Mailroom is still open during its regular hours.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Please pray. Pray for peace. Pray for the Holy Spirit to reveal Himself in clear and tangible ways throughout the ministry. Let our residents witness the beauty of Christ’s body coming together. Pray that the virus would not enter our shelters. Pray for increased patience as people live near one another with the possibility of tension and frustration. Pray that all those in need to find alternative avenues to stay healthy and safe as we find resolutions to this crisis.
Give financially. Our shelters will certainly be adversely affected by the virus – the reduction of volunteers, increased food costs, and the addition of precautionary measures. If you feel called to give a little extra, we would be grateful.
For continued information from Sacramento County: https://www.saccounty.net/COVID-19/