How to Help a Homeless Person
The picture below shows the Front & Back sides of our Handout Card.
If you meet someone in need, whether they’re homeless, addicted, or a family that needs food, help them by sending them our way with this Handout Card. Come by our office to pick some up or request them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First, take precautions for your safety. Don’t take unnecessary chances.
- Offer to pray with them or for them. Don’t give cash.
- Give fast food gift cards.
- Share snacks and water bottles.
- Direct them to us for meals and help.
- Show them God’s compassion and love. Make eye contact and listen to them.
- Share the Gospel!
- Talk about how God has made a difference in your life.
- Be in grace. Many have experienced personal pain or mental illness that is unimaginable.