- Nightly Meals
- Getting A Bed
- Clothing & Showers
- Food Box Program
- Winter Warming Center
- Drug & Alcohol Program
- Mailroom Services
- Rent A Locker
- Women's Clothing Closet
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak we have adjusted our Nightly Meals to conform to County and State guidelines.
Nightly Meal Guidelines:
- Dinner is served from 7:30 pm to 8:00 pm every night. Our dining room is closed so gusets will line up at the gate and five will be let in at a time to recieve a brown bag dinner.
- Chapel Service is postponed for now.
- Meals are free and open to all Men,Women and Children.
Getting A Bed (Men Only)
Our Shelter is closed for all guests.
This is to facilitate proper social distancing for the Men in our New Life Program, Graduates and Interns.
Please call 211 or www.211sacramento.org for the latest updates on possible emergency shelters. We will update this page as soon as we are open again.
Men's Clothing & Shower Hours
During the COVID-19 Outbreak we will still be opporating clothing room and showers at 5 men at a time. Please practice proper social distancing of 6′ when using facilities. Please be aware that there may be temporary closures for some minor remodling we are currenty doing.
During these hours men can come in off the streets get clean clothes and a shower at no cost.
Our men’s clothing closet is stocked with the clothing that is received from donations. Pants, shirts, undergarments, jackets, hats, beanies, socks, belts and gloves.
We supply our guests with towels, shampoo, bar soap, toothbrush and toothpaste, underarm deodorant and shavers.
We also recycle the clothes that are turned in from guests that just received clothing from the closet. We wash them and put them back in the clothes closet if they are in good condition.
Monday – Thursday
9:00 – 11:00 AM and 1:00 – 2:45 PM
Friday – Saturday
9:00 – 11:00 AM only
Sundays, Holidays &
UGM Special Events Closed
Food Box Program
Most people know that the Mission feeds men, women, and children who are homeless and on the street. But our mission goes beyond helping those who come to us. We are active in the community, supplying food boxes to families unable to adequately feed their children in addition to the 9,200 meals we serve at UGM every month.
Weekly Food Basket Pickup and Guidelines:
- Pickup times are Tuesdays and Thursdays, beginning at 1:00 pm and ending at 2:00 pm.
- You must call in advance to request a food box or request through this form. If you request through this form, you will be called to verify so please leave your phone number.
- You can receive one food box, every 90 days for families with children and every 30 days for seniors over 62.
- You must bring your valid ID along with a utility bill with current address (Proof of Residence).
- (NOTE) Holiday Food Box Programs will vary from this schedule.
Winter Warming Center
Our Winter Warming Center opens November through March. it takes the homeless off the streets out of the rain and cold weather. It saves lives….. When other winter shelters are closing due to budget cuts, this does not stop the homeless from being out in the winter elements. Many people die on the streets in the winter. We just don’t hear about it in the newspapers or on TV. We see the need here at the Mission.
Winter Warming Center Hours:
November through the first week of March, depending on the weather.
7 days a week, 10:00 PM – 5:00 AM
You are welcome to join us for Chapel Service at 7:30 pm with dinner following at 8:30 pm
There is NO SMOKING, DRINKING or CUSSING on the Mission grounds. All rules have to be observed for the safety of all.
WARMING CENTER IS NOW “CLOSED”
We offer mailroom services to homeless men and women.
Monday through Thursday, 9:00 – 11:00 am and 1:00 – 2:45 pm
Friday 9:00 – 11:00 am ONLY!!!!!!
Weekends and Holidays CLOSED
To use the mailroom services you must have a photo ID and fill out a request form, to prevent fraud. If you are not on file, all mail received will be returned to sender. This is fraud prevention. Mail is usually delayed 1 day for processing. Mail is not delivered until late on Friday and there is no Saturday delivery so Monday’s mail delivery will cover 3 mail days and be handed out Tuesday morning.
- NO PACKAGES ACCEPTED!!!! We have no room to store these. First Class and Large envelope only. (VA medication will be accepted)
- YOU CANNOT USE THE 400 BANNON STREET ADDRESS AS A (DBA) Doing Business As! (Under any Name) This will terminate your mail privileges immediately and all mail will be returned to sender.
- You must check your mail within 14 days or it will be “Returned to Sender”. All mail services will be terminated if continuous failure to check. We do not have the space to store unchecked mail as well.
- You may not receive any Sexually Explicit Mail at this address. Doing so will result in the loss of mailroom services. This includes certain magazines as well.
- You must come in person to check your mail with photo ID.
- You must have a photo ID to pick up your mail to minimize theft or fraud.
- There will be NO CURSING, THREATS, or GESTURES made to the mailroom staff. This will result in the loss of your mailroom services! (No exceptions!)
- You must first sign up to use our mail services or mail will be returned to sender.
Locker Rental are postponed due to the COVID-19 Outbreak. Current Renters can access their lockers during regular hours.
We have lockers to rent. These are on a first come first serve basis. Those that are interested talk to the mailroom person.
Rental Hours: Tuesday and Wednesday 10:00AM – 11:00AM and 1:00PM – 2:45PM
Fees: $4.00 a week or $16.00 a month
Days and hours subject to change without notice.
Haircuts for the Homeless
Haircuts are postponed due to the COVID-19 Outbreak.
Local Businesses come into the Union Gospel Mission to donate their time to help out. We thank them for their dedication and love for Christ to help those in need.
(Limited to the first 8 men to sign-up)
Mondays – 1:00 pm – 2:45 pm
Days and hours are subject to change without notice.
Women's Clothing Closet
The Women’s Clothing Closet is closed until further notice due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Clothing Closet Hours:
Every Tuesday & Thursday, Gate is opened for intake
9:00 – 9:30 AM
(No late arrivals accepted)
Starts with 1/2 hour Bible Study
9:30 – 10:00 AM
Refreshments will be served after Bible Study
Closes at 12:00 PM
Women may shop once a month, but can attend bible study as often as they like.
Our remodeled building is equipped with dozens of neatly displayed racks of fashionable clothing, shoes, purses, socks and undergarments, as well as accessories and toiletries. Children’s clothing and shoes are also provided for women with children ranging from infant to school age. Dressing rooms allow women to try on clothes, making sure they fit, and actually see themselves before they take things home. Our goal is to give each women that comes in a shopping experience and restore dignity in a loving, Christ centered atmosphere.